Saturday, August 29, 2015

Dentures - Day 1

Well I apologize for not posting more about the journey to my dentures. It was a lot of back
& forth trips for quick visits. Today was D -Day. I got my dentures. I thought I was prepared for them but nope I wasn't. It is really quite a sight to look in a mirror & see a full mouth of teeth after not seeing them for 5-7 years. 
They feel very odd and out of place in your mouth - even if they do fit the shape of your mouth. 
Very weird. A friend said my mouth would feel smaller and she is right. I was prepared for having to adjust to eating with them. I was NOT  ready for it to seem nearly impossible to eat with them. I can kinda bite with them but chewing??? Forget about it. That will take a lot of practice as I feel like I have forgotten how to do that completely.  
Drinks are hard too & so is talking - or it seems that way to me. My daughter says it can be a little hard to understand me sometimes.  Also, my mouth seems to make saliva in excess amounts while I wear them. Very annoying. Swallowing a lot or trying too to get rid of the saliva. 

My gums were sore when I took them off this evening. We'll see how day 2 goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment